This is a raw soup with some heat! This spicy goodness was adapted from Carol Alt's book, "The Raw 50" (the book is not completely vegan, but nobody is perfect..) Our team loved this curry creation, perfect for a summer evening and so easy to make. And of course, so good for you. But first for the video... Watch in full screen for the best experience. :)
Peppers pack antioxidant phytochemicals like Vitamins A and C, lycopene, beta-carotene, and Vitamin B6. (Red peppers are a particularly good source of folate and fiber.) Apples provide even more fiber and Vitamin C. I could go on about the next ingredient, Avocado, forever! Let’s just say it is a source of at least twenty essential nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids, also found in Walnuts… which, you guessed it, are in the soup too! Our Red Pepper Curry Soup is good for everything from the eyes to the immune system… Not to mention the belly. I could keep talking, but better you get cooking!
Ingredients - Serves 3
- 1½ large Red or Yellow Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Apple (peeled)
- 1 Small Avocado (or ½ Large Avocado)
- ½ cup Basil Leaves
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- 1 Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Cayenne, to taste
- 2 cups Water, or until desired consistency is reached
Directions: Blend all ingredients until smooth, and serve
- Peppers are a fruit.
- Avocado is also known as, “Alligator Pear.”
- Walnuts are an ancient symbol of intelligence; it was believed they resemble a brain.